Sunday, January 9, 2022

Personal Growth and Fresh Starts in 2022

This is crazy; I started this blog ten years ago and never quite found the time to utilize it the way I hoped as a writer. The other interesting fact, I had many articles on this blog that I posted but only two managed to survive from 2012-2018. Where did the rest of the articles go?!? LOL. Not that it matters anyway...

The year of 2021 involved so many challenges. They were the challenges of hardship that make you a better person. Sometimes you have to learn to "let go" to move forward. I remember being on a phone call with an older friend January 1, 2021 talking about what I hoped and dreamed for. Ha! Be careful what you ask for because it just might come true and not in the way you expected. I had a part time job that was extremely stressful and wasn't paying the bills at the time; though I loved my job it wasn't enough. Little did I realize I would be accepting a full time position with a new company early in the year, dropped out of college (granted, it's for my second degree- career change), dumped the boyfriend, he moved out a week later, knew I couldn't keep the house and made a difficult decision to sell my house a week after that, completely moved the house on my own, relocated to a new town, and started a new job all within the same time frame. (Stressful!) That new job became horribly toxic (as predicted). Then the men I dated became even worse (that was awful). Which of course in turn put me into a downward spiral. Ended up going to a dark place emotionally. Finally picked myself up in August and reached out for emotional help. Job hunted for a hot minute. Did make new friends. And then.... AAAHHHHHH, LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL... I started my new job at the end of October. Made more new friends. Then everything started to change for the better. And it's only gotten EVEN BETTER since then.

My words of advice: TRUST IN OUR LORD. He knows what is best. God's timing is always perfect. We must give him the reins to our life and then let the miracles of life happen from there.

And this brings us to today. We are officially back in the year 2022. Don't know about you all, but HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope it's been a good one for you. For me, I started out being as sick as you can imagine. (Man, I haven't been this sick in YEARS.) Upper respiratory viral infection that lasted for like 10 days, ear infection, pink eye. Ugh! Sleeping sounds great, right? After almost two weeks of sleeping for almost sixteen hour days, I'm OVER THIS! And today... finally this morning, I woke up with no sore throat, energy, and emotional hope again. Granted, my hearing is still gone in both ears from my ear infection, but that will change one of these days soon (hopefully). Yet, I STILL BELIEVE 2022 is going to be a GREAT YEAR!!!!

Now, for those of you crazy people who actually choose to read this blog, great! For others, keep moving along. I'm not writing on this blog for anyone but me. If you feel the need to write a comment, please be kind; the world has too much hatred in it and we could all use a little more kindness. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this blog. I don't have a plan anymore, or a goal, I just want to write each day and see where this leads. You see, my original dream was to be a writer. Then life happened. (Boy, do I have LOTS of working life experience-- I still can't get over the fact I had twenty-three jobs in two years while I was trying to find my way after my original career came to an end- that was four years ago.) Then I finally found a career I LIKE!!! So, I still want to write, (someday I hope to have a family too) but in the meantime I need to work my full-time job that I actually like that also helps to pay the bills, be healthy and exercise daily, while I'm also focusing on becoming an engineer. Ya! I'm crazy... and crazy talented too. Did I also mention that I'm descent at music and music plays into this goal too? Specifically, the piano is my favorite. And of course you have to make time for pets, family, and friends. This probably sounds like it doesn't make sense because there is so much jam-packed here, but it does, and there is a bigger picture too.

Last year may have been the year for hardships, but this year is about finding personal happiness. I truly believe the best has yet to come. The best WILL COME this year. And if you ask me what that means, I have NO IDEA! But I know great things will happen this year with God's guidance and love. (Everything in the past was the building blocks to help get where we are today.)

My personal favorite advice from last year to this year: " Motivation helps while discipline is key." Discipline is going to make the difference. You can't wish something, or want something, or hope for it, or buy it... sometimes you have to work for what you want by putting the time and effort into it. Even if it's a small step each day, that step will get you to the next step. Two of my favorite examples: #1: you want to exercise but you haven't done anything. Even if you only do ONE PUSHUP, that's still more than what you did yesterday. One pushup, right? Not even worth your time, right? But guess what... that one pushup is the start that will guaranteed lead to another pushup, and another, and another, etc. You get the point. #2: climbing a ladder: one ladder has small, reasonable sized steps while the other ladder has big steps that you may be able to go higher and faster but you have to struggle to jump and reach each new step. Which ladder do you choose to climb? I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather take the smaller, easier steps that will get me farther in the long run that will help me climb and reach my actual goals. (think of a ladder that looks like you're climbing towards heaven and the top is whatever you want your personal goal to be.) Keep climbing baby! 

Each day we have a set of goals we want to achieve. And then we have things we need to add in for self improvement or continued self achievement each week. What is your goal? What do you want to make reality? How are you going to make that reality come to life? Just saying and wishing isn't enough... so what's the one thing you will choose to start today to improve your quality of life or how to help others? I wish you the best, and may we begin that journey this year.

Blessings! 



No comments:

Post a Comment