Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday Funday

I managed to wake up late again. Who does that??? To be honest, I couldn't fall asleep until almost 3am. Honestly, just about the time I was about to sleep around 12:30am suddenly the phone chirped. Then my mind started racing, and I had a great meditation with God. But because going to sleep late occurred then suddenly that pushed back the time to wake up.

Woke up around 11:30am.

Took care of business until 2pm. (one example: ordering a new license plate... ugh!) 

Church meeting 2pm- 3:30pm. (love this group) It was all about making sure to use your natural gifts and become part of "service" at church. Make sure to "serve" the church in the ways you are able too. For example: help in the tech department, sing in the choir, help in the kitchen, create special groups, launch a community project, you get the idea. Inspiring! I know for me, I don't have a lot of time, but baby steps I can be part of the group in my own way. 

After that, finished putting laundry away and had a great conversation with my mom. I tell you, my mom is one special lady. I love her dearly. And I can't thank her enough for all the help she's provided over the years. I do try to spoil her when I can, but I think she spoils me more. All the same, I love her and am very grateful.

Then, I forced myself to go out. Have you heard the term "the cupboards are bare?" That does not do justice to what my cupboards look like. I HAD to go grocery shopping today. Uggghhhhh!!!!!! Gas. (check) Tax documents delivered. (check) Lunch break. (check) Medicine run. (check) Grocery shop. (check... after 2 hours later) Car unloaded and groceries put away. (check) I now sit in my comfy blanket staying warm, writing a short little snip-it about the day, and I'm proud of the progress.

Don't forget, today was SuperBowl Sunday: Rams vs. Bangles. I was rooting for the Bangles. Booo... they just couldn't get it together. I believe the final score was 23-20. 

Regarding the rest of the evening, sadly not accomplished: fish tank is not cleaned yet. Didn't finish self-care work. I haven't finished exercising. I haven't washed dishes. Haven't paid a few bills. And I haven't started studying yet. These are all big no-nos. See, I take care of some positive things while others aren't completed.

I'd like to push through to accomplish everything but it's been cold today. My right ear is popping, my left ear is in pain, and I have drainage. Seriously... HOW DOES THIS COLD/RESPIRATORY INFECTION NOT GO AWAY?!? I need to be healthy!!!! I love the snow but this cold in the air is getting old. 

Not sure how I'll finish the night. I want to be more productive. I'm not giving up yet. So, enjoy the night. Stay positive. And I'll be doing my thing- whatever that may be tonight.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment