Friday, December 2, 2022

Fri-Yay, Right?

Had to buy Addison a sweater at lunch, and I think it's helping. She's had sniffling, wheezing, and coughing... and the vomiting subsided about a week ago. She's taking medicine to help. But she's been cold a lot lately. So I bought my fur baby a sweater. Now she's toasty-warm all day. Fingers crossed she improves each and everyday. 

Olaf always jumps up to say hello when I'm around. He's my second fur baby. A solid white cat with a kind heart. He's full of personality. His only issue, I need to help him lose weight. He goes outside, he walks, he plays, he's sensitive with food. Yet, I haven't been able to help him lose weight. Hopefully we'll get there for his overall health.



The third fur baby is Simon. He's the outdoor cat. So much personality, that one. He chooses to be outside. He has a kind heart. He always comes to say hi. But if you open the door to ask if he wants to come in from the cold he will run away immediately.

Then there are the fish and the plants to tend to. A bit of color, water, and fresh light. I feel like these are all types of categories to care for. It's a happy home.

If you notice, all these types of living beings are companions. No one really enjoys being alone. If you think about it, do you have someone that keeps you company? It dawned on me earlier today that no one calls me (after working hours). It's usually me calling everyone else to check in and ask if they are ok. The feeling of loneliness. The damage loneliness can do to a person.

That's one of the reasons my goals are so specific for this coming year in 2023. There are so many changes. I'm trying so hard to change my life for the better. And it's not something I can think about, or purchase, it's the time/energy/actions that will bring a new change. The few people who know about these goals have commented "you are really busy!" Yes? What else am I supposed to do? Everyone else has their routine, their person, their pets, their lives to tend to. I'm just another person living her quiet life. 

Yes, you can say the Lord is always with you. Though I believe that is true it doesn't mean I always want to speak to an invisible God. Sometimes the touch of someone's hand, the sound of their voice, just their presence being near you in the same room is important.

The moral of the story: stay warm, and healthy, and safe. Get sleep to be as positive as you can. Eat healthy, drink water, be wise, and reach out to the ones you love. You never know if it's YOUR kind words and ACTIONS will be what makes the difference to the other person. Life is short. Spread kindness. And always help someone feel valued and loved-- even through the smallest actions like saying hello. 

No comments:

Post a Comment