Thursday, December 1, 2022

Dec 1 is Exciting!

 Did you say "Rabbit Rabbit" first thing this morning? 

I think the first thing I yelled out was "google, turn off the alarm!" Classic; I've never been a morning person and I ALWAYS have multiple alarms everyday... I think 6+ alarms most days. Anyway, by the time I realized I was supposed to say "Rabbit Rabbit" it was too late. (I even missed "tibber tibber" for the end of the day; I won't do it because I just know it. I have other things planned this evening.) I don't know if it's the challenge of trying to say the phrase-which is why I always try at the beginning of the month- but I rarely succeed. No harm, no foul. I think I managed 2x in my life: one month actually turned out HORRIBLE while the other month wasn't too bad. 

Why be excited for December 1? Because it's the start of a new day, a new month, the ending to this year... and time to prepare (to create consistency and habits) that will launch the success of the next year if we stay focused. Can you feel the energy and excitement? Am I right?!? :) I had someone tell me earlier today "you can start over everyday without a monumental occasion" -DZ and he is correct, but when you also want time to make something a habit in your daily life NOW is that time: 12/1. I think it's something to the effect of 30 days makes it a habit. Hence the excitement.

Stated yesterday, time to create a vision board. Mine will moreso be a Vision List here so everyone can participate. (Maybe I'll show my actual vision board later on in a photo.) Ok, you want to know the worst part? I got the idea for the vision board from watching a Candace Cameron Bure Hallmark movie the other day. It wasn't one of my favorite movies, but she carried that stupid board around. The more I thought about it, and I keep being reminded by people saying "if you can see it you can make it happen", why not make a vision board if I'm serious about accomplishing a couple very specific goals in 2023. If you see it everyday, maybe it will create an incentive to work towards those goals and become accomplished.

Jenn's 2023 Vision (Board) List:

*    Write 365withJenn for one whole year!

        - I was inspired by Julie Powell and her book/movie. She was dedicated to making a goal happen. It was rough but she felt so accomplished by completing the goal of cooking everyday. She grew as an individual. She had an interesting story to tell. And look at the opportunities that presented themselves later. That's where this idea stems from, but I wanted to accomplish it with my goals and hobbies. (I started this blog YEARS ago... I'm just getting around to making this a reality.) There is more to come with the 365withJenn. If I accomplish what I hope to (no, I'm not giving all details away yet) this will actually become a brand and lead to something much bigger. Heck, I have to start YouTube videos this coming year. Yuck! I don't want to be in a video. 

*    Become athletically fit again

        - 5ks, 10k, triathlons, sports teams... I've done it all. Now I just want to be healthy. So I'm planning on running a half marathon 4/23/23. Maybe a triathlon this summer. And I might do a 30 mile trail bike ride with a colleague in November 2023. I'm going to take a couple dance classes in December 2022 to socialize, get out of my comfort zone, and learn a few new dance steps. And if all goes well later in the season I'll try snowboarding. And of course I can't wait to get back to kayaking this summer. I also have another friend who is heavy into SCA. So I might add: rapier, archery, and woodworking to the local division. (I don't mind getting hit in the head with heavy fighting; my problem is the sound of the hit on the knight's helmet. My ears scream Ouch!) So, we'll see what happens this summer.

*    Write and Publish for $100,000

        - Does this feel like deja vu; didn't we just talk about writing for a full year? No no no no no! Now I'm talking about REAL WRITING. It's been my dream to get a screenplay and a novel published. I have so many stories I want to tell. So I need to choose one and finish it. The catch is I want to sell my writing and land a deal no less than $100,000. Will I continue to write after that? Most likely! But remember, I don't ever plan to write as a career. All the inspiration will disappear from force and pressure. I don't feel like dealing with a several-year-long writers block again; that wasn't fun. 

*    Self Care

        - Making time and ALLOWING for down time. Not being forced into societal pressures. Not allowing myself to feel like a failure. (I'm not the classic lady who was able to get married and have kids; that just wasn't in the cards for me... or it hasn't been in my cards YET.) Every Sunday is beauty day (I'll explain later). Cooking and eating healthy. Spending time with family and playing with pets. Being adventurous and exploring new things/places. Making sure I have QUALITY relationships vs quantity. (If I ever do date again: making sure they don't boss me around, or be controlling, or lie. I want someone to share life experiences with who will be a partner and a friend.) Spend time with TRUE FRIENDS. It's important to make time to read, enjoy the outdoors, keep an organized/clean house, and stay positive. I also want to be involved in arts and crafts, build puzzles, learn to crochet, and paint. And of course I always want to grow and learn with my career; there are a few personal studies that will take about 10-15 hours to complete.

*    Music

        - It's time to play piano again. I know how to practice, and I know what it takes to be good. Someday I'll get back into performing with my grand piano. For now, just playing 20 min a day would be a great accomplishment. Music heals the soul. And for me, music is where I always find my true self. 

*    Loving God

        - No matter what you call it, I believe there is a higher power. I would like to make time to read the Bible, pray/meditate, learn about energies, and get closer to healing/understanding the self. 

What do you say, are you willing to write your goals down? Are you willing to stay committed? Remember, taking care of YOURSELF is just as important as taking care of others. We can't truly help someone else until we have accepted and helped ourselves first. 

I used to always help everyone. As I was emotionally breaking down and allowing people to push me around I finally said enough is enough. So the last year and a half has been dedicated to putting myself first for once in my life. It has been a LONG process. (It'd also help if I wasn't so stubborn.) When I feel I am able, I will reach out and help others little by little. But I'm a person too... what about helping myself? WHAT ABOUT ME?!? You should be asking the same question when needed. Family and friends are important, but we need to create that balance for ourselves to find peace and harmony... which in turn will allow us to give back more to those we care about. 

Did I give you something to ponder? Good! I hope so.

Stay positive & many blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment