Monday, December 12, 2022

Christmas Cookies & A Good Workout

There's nothing like spending the day with your mom! We made chocolate chip cookies, and I loved spending time with her.

- I woke up and got a really good workout accomplished.

- Then I headed over to my parent's house where we chatted, we fixed a favorite holiday decoration (singing snowmen), we had to fix a hole in my favorite purple winter sweater (I WISH I knew how to knit, crochet, and sew), we made the "simple" chocolate chip cookies, and then she gave me my early Christmas present. 

Our early Christmas presents are AWESOME! I'll show pictures later. But we've been planning an activity for weeks... and I can't wait to do it with my mom.

Their dog Buck, a great dane, is still a puppy but he is sooooo annoying. So much energy, slobber, eating everything he shouldn't eat. He was annoying me.

And because of my workouts: logging 9 miles this past week, my body hurts. My back hurts a little. The changing weather. A slight headache. Ugh! Just pain. So it was nice to take a beat and just relax. 

As much as I didn't want to do the major cookie baking (my idea this year-- which I thought she would enjoy too) she didn't want to learn exercises. :) We're even! So, planning next weekend activities.

Always make time for family! Family is super important. Spend time with the ones you love and appreciate. Time is precious, and those moments won't always be available. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment