Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Bake A Cake

Sunday night was turkey baking. I made "my" Thanksgiving turkey Sunday evening. I can't believe it, but it turned out to be so good. So tonight I had to cut it up and properly put it away- so it doesn't go bad. While I was in the kitchen working on carving the turkey I had placed a cake in the oven.


While all this is going on I'm on the phone talking with a friend who lives in another city. She's getting ready to go dancing this coming weekend and needs some advice for dresses. Of course I love shopping, and fashion... and I'm really good at it. She was sending photos about different dresses to purchase, accessories, and how to wear the outfits. There's nothing like being fashionable, fun, and fabulous. I think we did figure out her dress: black with leopard print. She'll be a doll-in-the-making when she hits the dance floor. There's nothing like a good friend, great conversation, talking fashion, and having girl-talk. She made my evening. Thank you! 

Evening goals:

  • Dog walked
  • The turkey is put away
  • The cake turned out nice
  • Had to finish a few writings
  • And now it's off to train (exercise)

It's still going to be a long night at this residence. But everything has been worthwhile so far. I've had this feeling of light-heartedness all day. The job is going well. (I think) Home responsibilities are being taken care of. Pets are feeling loved. And I'm finally focusing on me- regarding self-care. Baby steps to success.

Focus on one thing and keep moving forward! Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment