Interesting day to say the least!
* Everything at the pool was great. People were friendly and exercising (yay!). Saw a few people on an "off" day from their regular schedules and that's ok. It's always about the workout and positive attitudes.
* My break consisted of a 45 minute sauna session later in the day. The room was about 168 degrees. (Trying to get my body to build up to 1 hour.) Wheewww... that is HOT! I left 20 minutes in to grab more water and then resumed my session.
** Actually, if you want to laugh even more, we had vegetables and a pickle at the front desk for a "snack." Yup, took that back to the sauna for dinner. 😂 Hey, when you need to multitask and reach goals, we do what works!!! I was beyond happy. And that 2 minute break helped me survive the last of sweating in the sauna.
*** One of my favorite peeps came in and she was laughing and asked "are you eating a pickle?" Yup, No Regrets! Gotta make sure to keep the electrolytes up and that's one of the fastest ways. We had a wonderful health conversation too. Ahh... that brightened my day.
**** After sauna while on deck, my skin felt like it was bursting light beams from the inside-out of my skin. Energy had increased. The feeling was intoxicating. I felt so young and healthy. Saunas definitely serve a purpose!!! Just increase slowly and healthy FOR YOUR BODY.
* I got home to take care of the pets. Grabbed a water. Pet my sweet dog. (The rabbit has been hiding in the basement and I don't know why. 😟 Moody?!) Anway, I sat on the floor and pet my dog, played with her, and turned on Netflix. This show called My Brilliant Career came on. I binged the whole show that night. Yup, I completely forgot to write. And if you like good writing and quality acting, I highly recommend watching this! Ahh... this was GREAT. (I also may enjoy it because I'm a writer at heart.) On a positive note, all the necessary sleep was had by the next day.
Lesson of the day: Sometimes take time for yourself. It's worth it! For me: heat, relaxing, pets, and sleep is self-care too and I loved every minute of it.
Daily Quote: An empty tank will get you nowhere, so make sure to refill that tank to keep going at your preferred pace in life.
"To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections." -Sandra Bierig
No comments:
Post a Comment