Thursday, August 20, 2026

It's a Thursday: Teaching Aqua Zumba & Pilates in the Water

 Not really sure what to say about the day. I felt "off" today. Lost in thought and ready to exercise. Not a bad combination; just weird. 

I've been working on getting caught up with my 365 Bible app. Highly recommend The Bible Project! This app is fantastic. The two guys who created it make the Bible very easy-to-understand. Anyway, I'm a few days behind because the app unexpectedly changed the Bible version I was listening too. I've been pouting because I can't find my original version. What I have is good enough I guess at the moment; I just need to get caught back up. Why LISTEN? I've read The New Testament at least six times in my life. I've attempted to read The Old Testament at nausea but never finished. So how to ensure you get through the parts you just can't get yourself to finish reading? LISTEN! It has worked. A few of the stories I just couldn't finish reading are finally completed. 

Later in the day it was time to teach my water aquatics class. The basis of what I teach is Barre, Pilates, and Aerobics. However, for this particular class someone asked about Zumba. Zumba?!? Ugh... I am not a fan of dancing. I can DO IT... I didn't say I'm a fan. LOL. (Let's put it this way; I'm not A.J.! He's fantastic and fun and that man's hips can MOVE.) I spent time researching because class is never for me, it's ALWAYS about my students. 

Water Aerobics: if you did it right then your ABS SHOULD HURT. The first 20 minutes was Zumba, 10 min stretch, and we ended with Jenn-Style Pilates. (whoo-hoo) Note for next time: stand on deck when teaching Zumba because it's just easier. I question if everyone was able to "tighten those abs and move those hips" as well as I wanted. But hey, if you're moving, having fun, and can feel something then that's a win! When we hit the Pilates I went even harder on the core. (Earlier was abs, arms, and legs.) Now full-body was required. ** I don't know how my students felt but when I got out of that water MY ENTIRE MIDSECTION HURT. LOL! Good job teacher. (FYI: You'll never hurt in a bad way or for a long period. It's the "hurt so good" you know you worked muscles you forgot you had.) 

*** Exciting news: I should be getting Barre certified next Sunday- so there will be YouTube videos to watch soon on here as well. You can exercise in your own home, at your own comfort level, and still feel the effects of positive movement and exercise. 

When I got home I wanted to do some health research but I just crashed. Not exactly sure what happened. No motivation. (And if you asked what happened to a sauna in the evening... the sauna was over 170 degrees. Too hot for me. I prefer it around 164 degrees.) 

So sleep and calm win the day. But I did take a few minutes to look at the stars. The moon was bright orange but covered by clouds. There was only a straight line on the bottom right that you could see of it. (Never seen it look like that.) Of what stars could be seen they were bright. It was just a cool, calm, nice night. 


Daily Quote: Two quotes that I think are fitting for today:

"Peace arrives when you stop fighting the moment." — Maxime Lagacé

"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure." — Oprah Winfrey


Make sure to take time, deep breathe (no less than a minute and preferably outside), and enjoy the exact moment that you are in. We are only guaranteed that time. In our current day-and-age, how many of us race around meeting someone else's schedule and demands that we forgot to take care of ourselves first? Make time for you too! Because the happier you are, the happier your loved ones are around you too. Emotions are contagious. Be the best you possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment